22.7.06

Saturday Night Four Play - Volume 1

I've been toying with this idea for a while now, but I couldn't find a free place to host .mp3 files (since I'm a cheap bastard). I think I just have.

Anyway, once a week I might just load up some music tracks -- personal favourites, old chestnuts, hidden gems... one sh*t blunders... just for sh*ts and giggles. This week features a couple of hometown rock bands from back in the day.

The Ramrods are old friends of mine who started this band in their teens. They developed quite a local following before they disbanded in the early 90s. The tracks are from an album they recorded a dozen or so years ago that finally saw the light of day.



The Wrench (formerly Monkey Wrench) are also old friends. I met the drunk bastards in college. Their sense of humor and rambunctious shows landed them the opening slot for the Goo Goo Dolls in the pre-pussified days. One track is all Wrench... the other is a unique take on a one-sh*t blunder.

Enjoy.

The Ramrods While the City Sleeps.mp3
The Ramrods Rock Rouge.mp3

The Wrench Stay.mp3
The Wrench Pop Music.mp3

9 comments:

keda said...

none of those lonks would work for me sadly. i'll try again a bit later maybe. nice idea though sweets.

keda said...

links bllagghhh.

sage said...

yeah, I had trouble with the links too--here from Michele's. I was in WNY in the early 90s, and I wonder if I heard any of them.

Claire said...

I couldn't get the links to work either.... :(

glomgold said...

Far be it for me to be the 'broken record' (whoo!) but unfortunately the links aren't loading for me either. I always like to learn others' musical tastes though so I'll keep my eyes on these. At least, I will when my computer isn't falling apart.

Pickalish said...

Fix your linkage,Mr.Spaghetti. I really wanna hear this!!

Pickalish said...

Working now. Pop Music had me giggling through the whole thing. That was cool....can't wait for the next installments.

Prego said...

Pickle,

They used to do a great rendition of "Groove is in the Heart." I wish I had that somewhere.

Val said...

Thanks for giving props to the Ramrods, and for linking them to the Buffaloroots review (now giving myself props)