25.5.06

That's Great, it Starts With an Earthquake...

Motown's Sereena X of Metaphor Voodoo is up to bat with this week's roundtable discussion. Apparently, the end of the world is still looming as the doomsday clock is a-tickin'. The query? What would you do with the last week of existence?

Sh*t, man... people have been predicting doom and gloom for eons now. Ever since I was a wee one, I've seen cartoons with that old dude with the beard and the placard alerting us that the end of the world was upon us. Well, 38 f*cking years later, and I'm still looking over my shoulders.

Anyway, I always thought it would be some big explosion. I came of age during the Reagan Era, where me and all the other teens cringed at the thought of his withered p*ssy finger itching to hit 'the button.' Well, now that the crusty old bastard is d-e-a-d, some of the irrational fear is gone... Or is it? The way the media and the government paint a portrait, every homo-sapien with middle-eastern sand in their ass crack is packin' a walloping punch of plutonium, uranium and enough germs to make us sh*t ourselves to the afterworld.

Regardless of how we all collectively check out... the question remains: Last week on Earth?
I'd always had a last piece of tail in mind when the time came, but f*ck that sh*t. I want to be awake when it happens. Now it's all about the boys. Pack up the family truckster with some clothes, grub and hockey sticks; steal gas and food for a week and find a cave.

"Come get me, mother f*cker. Yeah. I'm talkin' to you, Armaggedon. I'm still standin', b*tch. I've got your Four Horsemen right here."

(Not god. No. Me and dat nigga dere will sort that sh*t out later.)

14 comments:

srp said...

If I knew the world would end in one week, I'd make sure everyone I loved was ready to go and that they knew I loved them.
Here from Michele again, didn't want you to get skipped.

Robin said...

Uh..not "STEAL" food, but "forage" for it...right? ;)

Here from Michele's!

Crayonsetc said...

Hey, no bags to pack I am ready to go, come and get me :) I am just ready for the new body that doesn't hurt all the time!!!!

Stopping by via Michele this evening to say Hello!!

Prego said...

I'm brown, Robin. The media would call it stealing.

kenju said...

I would do the same as SRP; make sure everyone I loved knew it.

Michele sent me tonight.

kenju said...

Looks who's back! Michele sent me to say good morning.

Jacques Roux said...

Heh, after the debacle that was Katrina, I lost what little faith I held in the federal and state governments to keep my ass alive. No that I really had much to begin with, coming of age in the World of Reagan and the 20 megaton attitude adjuster.

I'm already packed, locked and loaded. Now I'm the one who's got the itchy finger...

Panthergirl said...

I'm laughing hysterically that you would grab HOCKEY STICKS! I guess everyone's idea of an emergency kit is different! LOL

Here via michele!

Theo said...

interesting query.

a long and deep look at those i love and a sense of contentment that the fight is over, the battle won.

Michele sent me.

Carl V. Anderson said...

If it was truly the last week of existence I can say with no degree of doubt that I would NOT be going in to work! I'd spend time with family and friends, eat all the things I absolutely love, and pick at least one of my top ten favorite books of all times to read one last time. And I'd definitely sit out under the stars every night!

Visiting from Michele's

Karen said...

I guess I'd try and run around and see everyone I love. But I absolutely hate goodbyes, so there's a chance I'd not do anything at all. I actually hate to think about this. Hmmm....

Michele sent me...

Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me!

I haven't had a chance to blog about this yet, (getting ready to go do that!), but these are my sentiments, as well...what kind of STICK does Mother Nature have up her butt?!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It certainly feels like the End is Nigh-er Than Ever!!! OY! If I really thought it was imminent--I would call everyone I know that I love and tell them, and then sit down with the Best Chocolate I could get my hands on and eat it to my hearts content!

Thanks for your visit Prego and FYI: all the people I know who used to be drunks are in AA now! So, it's pretty much mostly sober people and the person who is an occassional drinker...but no more drunks, thank God...that did get old pretty quick, you know?

Anonymous said...

Hi prego,
Here from Michele's.
Cool Blog.
I think the end of the world is going to end up something like Stephen Kings "The Stand"... I have no idea what I would do!
Smiles,
Chrissie