27.8.06

Saturday Sunday Night Four-Play! - Volume 6

It's a nice feeling to have survived another wedding. Actually, they'd be a little more fun if the music didn't suck so much ass. It rained men, we were family and we had friends in low places, but I felt for the poor souls going home with whiskey d*ck and nothing to put a little sizzle on the home fires.

That's where this week's featured Four Play! artist would have come in handy. Froggy lounge lizard Serge Gainsbourg would be an inspired addition to an otherwise vapid wedding DJ repertoire. His quirky and jazzy pop tunes would spice up the cocktail hours before the coup de grace "Je T'aime Moi Non Plus" (his steamy duet with 60's tart Jane Birkin) sends the guests home ready to tear off a piece off of post-wedding ass.

Sh*t... it was banned on a handful of European airwaves for a reason. Erections and creamed panties might have had something to do with it.

Mr. Gainsbourg died in 1991, but his Euro-trash legacy lives. Homme-boy is infamous for appearing pickled on a French TV show with a pre-druggy Whitney Houston and telling her that he "wanted to f*ck her." I might have tried the same line on the missus, but she was more drunk than I. Damn...

Anyhow, for those of you familiar with Monsieur Gainsbourg, here's a selection that might make you go blow the dust off of your CDs. New to Serge? Sacre bleu!

Pour votre plaisir.

Wake Me At Five
Initials B.B.
Sous Le Soleil Exactement
Je T'aime... Mon Non Plus

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I have to admit that I have never heard of this person.

keda said...

heheheee urgh... serge..

you don't kiss as many frogs as i have without knowing him pretty damn intimately!

i didn't need the reminder as he's a regular around these parts, though i've happily been shuffling last weeks goodies and this. thanks again babe :)
je t'aime*

Paste said...

That clip of a drunk Serge was acutely embarassing! I'm amazed that he died so long ago though, doesn't seem anything like 15 years.

tiff said...

I have not heard of him either...and am actely embarrassed by this. Must rectify immediately.

carmilevy said...

Creamed panties. Now THERE'S an indelible image :)

You've reminded me why I hate weddings so. My ears feel practically aurally-raped by the time I stagger out of the place. And that's BEFORE I've had anything to drink!

Thankfully no one I know is getting married anytime soon. I'll keep my iPod plugged in while I deftly avoid any invitations in my mailbox.