I done (sic) got tagged by Claire... fair and square. Here's a literary q & a for me to trudge through.
1. One book that has changed your life
Hmmm... I'm guessing some elementary school 'reader' that connected with me somehow. Otherwise, I'd probably be coming home from a long shift at KFC for a long afternoon of QVC and Springer viewin.'
2. One book that you've read more than once
F*ck. I'm an English teacher. I've read S.E. Hinton's The Outsiders more often than I care to. I'm pretty sick of Sharon Draper's Forged by Fire, too.
3. One book you'd want on a desert island
This one. And a copy of Swank magazine.
4. One book that made you laugh
Snaps: The Original 'Yo Mama' Book, by James Percelay
"You're mother's so fat, her blood type is Ragú." Pffffrrrt. Chortle. Ragú. That's rich.
5. One book that made you cry
I spent a few weeks reading the Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis only to find at the end that the whole thing was religous allegory. I felt duped.
6. One book that you wish had been written
A coffee table picture book by Giada De Laurentiis' gynecologist. I know, ladies... I know. "She's got a big head...." "She's too toothy..." As my brother so eloquently put, "I think I'd watch her if she was making a f*#@ing grilled cheese sandwich."
7. One book that you wish had never been written
Anything upon which ANY f*#$ing religion is based. Those things cause more goddamned trouble than they're worth.
8. One book you're currently reading
Moon, by Tony Fletcher. Between work, school, the kids and the 'honey-do' list. Let's face it. A couple pages on the sh*tter, I'm getting through it at a snail's pace.
9. One book you've been meaning to read
The entire Seuss catalogue.
10. Now tag five people - O-Dog, Fletchmonster, any other possible offspring of mine, Fidel Castro and any *sshole who watches "Fear Factor."